Everything found here was either directly observed by the staff, sent in by members of The Ford Report Mailing list, or quoted by anonymous Ford Report Minions. Keep in mind at all times… The Ford Report is for entertainment purposes only! Some of the things posted here may not be completely accurate. These posts may directly correlate to yourself, your team, or company. Use the link in this email to unsubscribe from The Ford Report if you find yourself offended by it. If you’re seeing it on the site, then feel free to click that little red ‘X’ and move on with your day.
- “Georgia” Joe Hamilton, Game Coordinator for LCP Scenario Games, needs your help: http://thefordreport.com/2012/08/a-note-from-lcps-billy-smith-regarding-georgia-joe-hamilton/
- Quite a few companies have already stepped up to help Joe, including Valken, Vanguard, and my wife just got an inquiry from Hammerhead.
- Yes Frank, the October LCP event is the same weekend as World Cup. There will be a separate PR for that coming shortly.
- Meanwhile, over in England Shoreline madman Tim Barnett came off the chain with this: “I’ve hired a citadel in Belgium and a Fort in France this week to host 2 legs of my 4 game ‘Crusader Series’ for 2013. The series will be 4 astonishing games in four astonishing locations in four different countries next year all based on a Crusader Scenario. It’s going to be biblical!”
- Gino from Valken tells me that D-Day will be teaming up again for Oklahoma D-Day 2013.
- …which makes sense, since DeWayne had an announcement this week about it: http://thefordreport.com/2012/08/oklahoma-d-day-2013/
- Gino’s also partying at MAO, so make you stop in and check out the player’s party that Valken is sponsoring at the PSP Mid-Atlantic Open.
- He made sure I also know that Greg is ‘loco’.
- However, being loco didn’t help Greg this week. Custom Products’ Randy Caryl topped the list as “Most Awesome”. If you like to win, go visit Randy or the other cool dudes in the CP Booth at MAO. They’ll get you hooked up with the goodies you need!
- Other than guns…make sure you go visit Andrew at the Machine Paintball booth to get your n00b destroying death cannon. Andrew’s got what you need in death cannons!
- I see by posts on Facebook that the Virtue Spire is now available to the general public. Maybe I’ll get one to review!
- Speaking of reviews, a respected field owner in North Georgia was raising hell with me this morning because a respected paintball company hasn’t sent me one of their guns to review.
- Quarles and Co. over at Empire have turned my daughter into a little redheaded zombie killing machine…she’s been practicing with her Splatmaster Z200…
- They’re also rolling out the JT 2.0 gear at MAO. Tell Quarles I sent you…
- General’s Cup 2012 Coverage is up: http://thefordreport.com/2012/08/generals-cup-2012/
- Back over in England, filming has started for The Paintball Show, and in-studio shooting begins very soon.
- Speaking of MAO, the PSP’s webcast starts tomorrow…
- Bill Bussler dropped in to let me know that Tippmann is making their rental superstar FT-12 to the general public: http://thefordreport.com/2012/08/tippmann-ft-12-flip-top-marker-now-available-to-players-everywhere/
- The eBay auction for the PBNation Copyright ended with no bidders, and was relisted….and now the auction has been ended because it’s no longer available: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280935871353&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNARL:US:1123
- Speaking of eBay, you ought to check out these two auctions: http://www.ebay.com/itm/150872124981?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649 and http://www.ebay.com/itm/150872129420?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649
- The RPL reminds me that players only have a couple of days left to get registered for Event #4.
- RAP4 has resumed production of Pepperball Technologies, Inc. line of products, and added their less lethal pepperball launcher.
- I’ve always wondered how effective something electronic like a Vapor or an Ego would be during a riot situation using pepperballs to subdue an out of control crowd. No disrespect to Tippmann and RAP4′s less lethal launchers, but a Vapor or Ego in GTFO mode would be able to put a lot of pepper on crowd. Just a thought.
- Rick of Paintball Events and Pev of Pev’s Paintball announced industry sponsors of the upcoming Field Conference:
WEEKEND WARRIOR SPORTZ
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to expand your profit margins, revenue avenues and operational methods for your paintball facility. Space is limited. Go to http://www.pb-events.com for more information or to register for conference. Rick may be reached at 269-330-2282 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information on the Field Conference or Paintball Extravaganza.
- Rick made me say that. He’s a brute.
- Registration is now open for the D-League’s season finale.
- I hear that the JT/Empire boys will have Splatmasters on hand at MAO for people to try out.
- For those of you with daughters, you’ll understand what I was inspired to post on Facebook today when my wife informed me that The Dark Child requested me to pick her up Friday this morning: “My Queen informs me that rather than having the Queen pick her up from School tomorrow, The Dark Empress has instead commanded that The Hairy Beast From the East pick her up instead and convey her to her castle. As I serve at the Dark Empress’s command, her will be done!” The next shoe I expect to drop is that The Dark Empress demands that the Wizard known as Winter come before her and create for her weapons of utter domination.
- This is what happens when you let a professional writer raise a little girl. Just sayin’.