Everything found here was either directly observed by the staff, sent in by members of The Ford Report Mailing list, or quoted by anonymous Ford Report Minions. Keep in mind at all times… The Ford Report is for entertainment purposes only! Some of the things posted here may not be completely accurate. These posts may directly correlate to yourself, your team, or company. Use the link in this email to unsubscribe from The Ford Report if you find yourself offended by it. If you’re seeing it on the site, then feel free to click that little red ‘X’ and move on with your day.
- I heard a rumor about a new team forming for the national circuits, but nothing terribly concrete yet. Minions are out interrogating the usual suspects.
- Pretty much everyone cool (except me) is heading out to Las Vegas this weekend for the NPPL’s final event of the 2012 season. One of these years I’ll see Vegas!
- Apparently the pieces of human debris who stole the Valken semi got what they needed…the truck was recovered this week. Stripped and burned. Ouch.
- Fortunately for Gino and Co., the latest shipment of Valken Protons arrived in and from what I’m told, went right back out the door to customers. For those of you out there demanding that I review the gun, we’ll just have to wait a bit longer.
- Yes, there are people out there who won’t buy a gun until I review it. And they’re damned insistent about it, too!
- Since we can’t make it out to Vegas this weekend, Ashley will be picking up the Castleman Exclusion Zone tomorrow after work while I ride the TFR ZX-11 from Valdosta to Ludowici, GA to help out at LCP this weekend to get the field ready for the next chapter of the “Zombie Apocalypse” series of games.
- If you’re already out in Vegas, I’m assuming you went to the NPPL Practice day.
- Meanwhile, the PSP announced today that tomorrow is the deadline for vendor applications and to pay for your vendor space at the event.
- Andrew’s being evasive, and I haven’t heard from Mike in ages at Machine Paintball…which usually means they’re up to something. Taiwanese and Alabama Minions are enroute.
- If you’re going to WC to sell stuff, pay up so Camille can get some sleep! I would imagine that Travis would rather have her in bed rather than curled up on the couch spooning her laptop.
- Seth Manchester took on Rob “Tyger” Rubin: http://thefordreport.com/2012/09/big-bosss-player-profile-tyger/
- E-Money is just about done with his latest creation…for now, watch this video to grow your business: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGsEtTZsSjA&feature=youtu.be
- Joey Matheny beat out just about everyone this weekend for this week’s “Most Awesome” contest since the event he was at ran out of paint, and he made the 4 hour drive (1 way!) to pick up more paint so the fun would continue!
- Kohn Sports is going old school, and they’re sending along an Old School jersey for me to take a look at…
- Bussler dropped by to let me know that Tippmann is giving away a free pod pack for those buying specific Tippmanns: http://thefordreport.com/2012/10/tippmann-offers-free-harness-with-purchase-of-select-markers/
- Bill Mills let me know that GOG has a new gun, and they’re going to teach you how to work on it: http://thefordreport.com/2012/10/free-tech-class-free-marker-dealers-sign-up-now/
- Over in the UK, Tim Barnett tells me that the 5th episode of the show is just about done with pre-production…and then he makes mention that there’s a trailer out for the show that ought to give you a good idea of what it’s going to be about: http://vimeo.com/thepaintballshow/review/50673586/47c9f7d9bc
- He has yet to confirm or deny who’s reading my segment on the show…I’m tapped out on UK Minions at the moment, or I’d have the information…
- Out in Texas, Foxtrot Scenario Productions presents “Return to the Chocolate Factory” October 21st of this month. Check out the event at www.paintballzone.net
- Meanwhile, sources indicate that South Beach Pimp Mike “Magic Man” Wilkins has chosen long time friend and teammate Mike “Damage” Skinner to be his XO at Duncan Games’ Army vs. Navy at Old River Paintball. The opposition had better hope God has mercy on them, because Damage and Magic Man won’t…
- Question: Is Sonny Lopez really as polite in real life as he is with me via email?
- Check this out: “Mr. Ford,
I am happy to announce Carmatech Engineering is now taking pre-orders on the SAR12 for Holiday season delivery. Dealer applications are on the www.sar12.com website and any questions can be answered by Sonny Lopez at email@example.com The SAR12 is the world’s first production bolt action paintball sniper rifle. Some unique patent pending features are a “bolt action to semi auto” and a “reversible magazine” design. The SAR12 is designed and manufactured in the USA with a 2 year warranty. Check out the website for more details.
Thank you sir!
- I mean, I know I’m older and all, but “Mr. Ford”?
- Www.MagFedPaintball.com has launched, for those out there who like shooting 15 rounds at a time.
- Barno is just about ready for the Paris, France MS series event. Make sure to drop by the booth and tell him I said hello…in French.
- Valken’s growing again! http://thefordreport.com/2012/10/valken-launches-new-facility-in-texas/
- Win free goodies from Empire/Battle Tested: http://empirepaintball.com/win-free-empire-bt-gear
- Rick Chard wanted me to know that the Paintball Extravaganza 2013 is returning to National Conference in Leesburg, VA February 26th-28th, 2013. Most of the industry heavy hitters are already signed up, so the rest of you ought to consider it as well.
- During the wedding we attended last weekend, I had the opportunity to sit a bit and talk with “Georgia” Joe Hamilton a bit about how he’s doing…other than a 3” scar on his neck, you’d never know he’d just had major surgery. That’s the good news…the bad news is that this isn’t the last surgery that he needs. The fusion and cleanup in his neck was just to make sure that he doesn’t end up in a wheelchair for the rest of his life…he’s going to require several more surgeries to stabilize his neck and upper back so that he can get on the road to (hopefully) a full recovery. At the risk of sounding crass, playing at LCP’s “Zombie Apocalypse” game October 27th-28th. Proceeds from the event as well as from the charity auction are all going to Joe to help him defray living and medical expenses.